Disney has removed Rogue Squadron, the new Star Wars spin-off film from director Patty Jenkins, from its release calendar.
The film, which was scheduled for December 22, 2023, was taken off the studio’s production schedule in 2021, reportedly due to scheduling conflicts with Jenkins.
As part of the scheduling change, Disney set release dates for several movies:-
- Snow White remake, starring Rachel Zegler – March 22, 2024.
- Inside Out 2, a follow-up to the emotional Pixar picture – June 14, 2024.
- Mufasa – The Lion King prequel, from director Barry Jenkins -July 5, 2024.
- Disney Animation’s newly announced Wish, a movie that takes inspiration from the concept of wishing upon a star – Nov. 22, 2023.
- Pixar’s Elio, a science-fiction tale about an 11-year-old outsider who becomes the galactic ambassador of earth – March 1, 2024.
The following announced films will have changes to their release dates:-
- Haunted Mansion will now open on Aug. 11, 2023 instead of March 10, 2023.
- Untitled Marvel movie has been pushed from Feb. 16, 2024 to Sept. 6, 2024.
When Jenkins first announced the spinoff in 2020, she evoked the thrill of watching her late father who served as a fighter pilot in the U.S. military and referred to “Rogue Squadron as her desire to “one day making the greatest fighter pilot movie of all time.”
New Disney/Pixar projects announced at D23
Marvel Studios announcements at D23 including Ant-Man 3, Secret Invasion, Loki season 2 and Daredevil: Born Again
LucasFilm announcements at D23 including Star Wars, Willow series and Indiana Jones 5
Check out our previous Star Wars content.